We Spread Good Stories
The Plural of You is an effort to add some of life’s positive stories to people’s news feeds. Anyone can post a story and an image using our Submit a Post page. Posts are then curated and shared on this website and on social media.
Are you interested in helping us? Below are some questions you might have.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’d like to post but I don’t know what to write.
Here are a few starter questions. These are optional so feel free to make them your own. You can either type on the Submit a Post page or use a word processor first (we strongly recommend that).
- What’s something you’ve been proud of lately?
- What good news have you received recently? What makes it so good?
- What’s the nicest thing a stranger ever did for you? What did that mean to you?
- Have you ever witnessed a group of people coming together to accomplish something cool? What happened?
- What is something good going on in your community or in your neighborhood that many people don’t know about?
I have a story but I’m not sure what image to use.
As much as we’d like a piece of art or a photograph that complements your story, don’t let that get in the way. If nothing else, take a selfie (and make it horizontal, not vertical).
Whatever image you choose, please make sure it’s your own or that you have permission to use it. We’ll reject posts that appear to use copyrighted content.
What are the posting guidelines?
These are some qualities we look for.
- Every story and image should be unique, as in never posted on The Plural of You before.
- Stories should be proofread and spellchecked (we may help with some light editing). Please use paragraph breaks.
- Your image should be horizontal, not vertical. It should be at least 1080px wide × 600px tall and in JPEG or PNG format.
- Your story and your image should be safe for work. Avoid graphic or disturbing details.
- Be cautious about politics or religion. Your beliefs may not click with everyone else’s.
- Please end your story on a positive note — that’s why we’re here!
I tried submitting a post but it didn’t work. Can you help?
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and describe what happened in detail.
Who is behind this?
Josh Morgan, a human from Baltimore, Maryland. Learn more at Josh’s Twitter (@monarchjogs).
What else can I do?
- Have you submitted a post yet? No, really. You can submit as many as you like (though we may space them out).
- Please tell someone about The Plural of You. The project relies on word of mouth and, well, you have a mouth (or the ability to type, if that’s what you’re into).
- Like or follow The Plural of You on social media. Whenever you see a new post in your feed, please comment! Posters appreciate the feedback and you’ll help strengthen the community.